girl decides to write

Monday, February 07, 2005

the more loving one

i found the whole poem months ago, because one day i woke up and i thought i have to find it. like my pink umbrella, which i'm afraid i've lost forever to a little girl who calls me banana tree - am i a green stalk? now, i'm gonna share it with everyone, since i made fun of it but i was like gushing on the inside, secretly loving it.

The More Loving One
W.H. A.

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total darkness sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.

1 comment(s):

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

By Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:56 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home