girl decides to write

Monday, June 20, 2005

Feeling Sharon Cuneta


This whole day, I've been listening to The Carpenters. Come to think of it, it's Monday today and umaaraw/umuulan ang drama ng panahon. Rainy days and Mondays. The songs are bittersweet anthems sung by a couple of anorexics. So what? I am slowly getting addicted to them. Wait. Stop. I think I'm turning into Sharon Cuneta!

These past few weeks I've been listening to American Pie, Guitar Man, The Birthday Song, I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song, The Boxer and Puff The Magic Dragon. Naku. Call it coping mechanism. Or My-brains-atrophied-and-this-is-the-result. They're great songs, don't get me wrong. Kasi naman, I passed my resume to Ate Sion na... and today she's probably halfway to Bahrain. Then in the next few weeks, I'm going to have to wait for a call. Interview. Takutaku! I tried to prolong this as long as I could. For months I made the silliest, lamest excuses not to go. And now, all I remember is the day I handed over my papers and confirmed her that yes, my passport is still valid (rotting away in the box under my dresser). I think I was PMSing that day.

God. What a coward I am. Now, all I have to do is to convince myself that it's going to be okay. And that I really want to go.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home